Located on the valley floor in a rincon adjacent to Delgadito Canyon, this pueblito consists of a three-room structure built on an isolated boulder with a two room structure at the base of the boulder. Access to the rooms on the boulder were likely from the lower rooms as evident by hand and footholds carved into the boulder above the lower rooms (Powers and Johnson 1987).
: Only Dinetah Gray ceramics have been documented at the site (Towner 1997).
: Six tree-ring samples have been collected from the site. Wood species included juniper and pinyon and metal ax use was observed on all the samples. Results from the tree-ring samples suggest that the pueblito was built sometime after 1717 (Towner 1997).
||Bureau of Land Management
||6207 ft / 1892 m
Someone in good hiking condition;
Distance less than 1,500 feet;
Elevation gain less than 50 feet.
Powers, Margaret A. and Byron P. Johnson 1987
Defensive Sites of Dinetah. New Mexico Bureau of Land Management Cultural Resources Series No. 2, 1987. U.S. Dept of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Albuquerque District.
Towner, Ronald H. 1997
The Dendrochronology of the Navajo Pueblitos of Dinetah, PhD dissertation, University of Arizona.
Share this page
Report any vandalism to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) hot line at 505-564-7600.