Crash Site Plaque
On or about this site on March 25, 1948 a spacecraft of origins unknown crashed or landed on this mesa. It is alleged the Los Alamos Radar Station in nearby El Vado, New Mexico tracked the errant landing to this site.
A high security recovery operation lead by the Air Force and 5th Army Division was responsible for the removal of this craft. The recovery operation took approximately two weeks with all the remains being taken to Los Alamos Laboratory for scientific study and evaluation by some of the worlds' leading scientists. Later it was rumored to have been taken to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.
The recovery of this craft by the U.S. Government and Military was one of the most secretive recoveries of a spacecraft with origins unknown since the similar recoveries in Roswell, New Mexico eight months earlier.
The space craft was approximately 100 ft in diameter and eighteen feet tall. It was one of the most intact crafts that the Government had recovered at that time.
Sadly, all occupants, as many as sixteen, died as a result of this crash, making the full disclosure of both purpose and origin all but impossible.
This plaque has been placed here to bring awareness to an event that has been kept secret for fifty-nine years, and is a significant part of our Nation's history.
Scott and Suzanne Ramsey
March 25, 2007