Rated as one of the most scenic campgrounds in Colorado, Molas Lake Campground was granted to the Town of Silverton in 1925 by the Bureau of Land Management. Consisting of 137 acres, it is easily accessible along US 550 (Million Dollar Highway and part of the San Juan Skyway Scenic Byway). The campground is adjacent to the Weminuche Wilderness, the largest wilderness area in Colorado. It provides for a great base came for the surrounding trails.
The campground is open seasonally from June through September. Camping amenities include:
• Campground store and office
• RV and tent sites (fee)
• Hot water showers ($5 per use/token)
• Campsites include picnic table and fire ring with attached grill
• Picnic areas with BBQ grills located in the day-use area
• On-site rentals for standup paddle boards (SUPs) and sit on-top kayaks
• Stocked fishing lake with non-motorized boating / paddling
• Firewood for purchase
• Potable water by campground office
• Boat ramps (2)
• Vault restrooms (3)
There are no dump stations nor internet services. Cell service is limited.