Until the coming of the railroad in 1880, the Hispanic and Native American lifestyles of the area had been unchanged for more than three centuries.
Frank Bond (1863-1945) was a prominent Española merchant who came from Canada in 1882. He established the Española Mercantile, invested in sheep and land, and began the construction of an adobe home and by 1910 the home had grown to the size of the structure today.
The City acquired the Bond House in 1957. It was added to the State Register of Historic Places in 1978, and on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. In 1982, the San Gabriel Historical Society opened the house as a museum with its first exhibits. The San Gabriel Historical Society maintains a schedule of changing exhibits that features historical artifacts and photographs of daily life in the Española Valley.
The Historic Bond House Museum
706 Bond Street
Espanola, NM 87532
➠ Google Map & Directions
Share this page